Friday, June 30, 2017

D de Carvalho joins the Global Dig


Today I'm interviewing writer D. de Carvalho
D. is a native of far-flung locations, and a grade A student of life, Carvalho developed his passion for fine foods and erotic encounters at a young age. He is proud to be a practicing member of the BDSM community, as well as a self-confessed and widely acknowledged grumpy old man.


In the Hot Pink series, D. de Carvalho serves up a smorgasbord of hot ‘n spicy erotic tales with no holds barred. Whether you savor sweet romance or crave the delicious tang of dark desire, Carvalho caters with tales to tempt every taste. Each sexy story arrives with a side order of humor, sprinkled with a touch of suspense, paranormal or mystery.

And onto the interview...



Carvalho, what do your fans mean to you?

Fans are everything, aren’t they?

Without fans, I wouldn’t sell books. Fans keep me honest too. If they don’t like something, they’ll let me know.

Do you read much and if so who are your favourite authors?

I read all the time, although I find I’m not as fast as I used to, nor can I keep as many books on the go as I used to. When I was younger, I could have up to five books on the go at any one time. That’s not comfortable for me anymore. I’d say I read about two hours every day though. Mostly right before I go to sleep.

My favorite authors? There are so many. I love Francisco Cordoba, a soon-to-be-published author. He’s one of my greatest inspirations. I’ve read all eight books in his Horsemen of Golegã series, and they’re freaking fantastic. He’s my go-to guy when I want to insert a little romance into Hot Pink. I’m kind of hard core, so he helps me smooth those edges when the story calls for it.

Other than F, I enjoy a wide range of contemporary and classic authors, especially if they write about sex. Gustav Flaubert, the Marquis de Sade, Vladimir Nabokov, Anais Nin, Aldous Huxley, Robert Heinlein, D. H. Lawrence and many others.

What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?

Doing it. Sometimes just forcing myself to sit down at the keyboard and not give in to distractions. Life is busy. There are many calls on my time and attention. Focusing on the writing so I don’t self-edit as I go, and thus not write as well as I’m able, can be a challenge at times.

Where do your ideas come from?

The depths of my dark and twisted soul, which is odd because by the time the stories have escaped my dark and twisted depths, they’re not usually so dark anymore. Although, they are often a touch twisted.


This ends the interview.Thanks for joining me D.

Thanks for having me
Get a hold of D on these social media links:


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thehotpinkpress/  
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hotpinkcarvalho
Website: http://thehotpinkpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter