Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Lenore comes to Trin Carl's Blog

I'm excited to inform readers that I will be posting interviews with authors on my blog. This is a chance for readers to get to know up and coming writers.
Today I'm interview Lenore Harper.




Green Plant in Front of Red Cushion ArmchairLenore writes novels and posts on her blog. You can contact her at lenoreharper.com , facebook, twitter, or instagram.

And onto the interview..


So Lenore, what have you written?

So far I have written one novella for the Grayslake: More Than Mated Kindle World. It is titled "Bear in Mine" and I couldn’t be prouder of it
 
Which writers inspire you?

Jane Austen, Celia Kyle, Harper Sloan, Abbie Zanders, Heather Rainier, and any other authors who have transformed the romance genre into a continual frenzy of unquenchable passion.
Give us an insight into your main character. What does he/she do that is so special?

In Bear in Mine my heroine is Emily who is a bit different than other humans. She’s not a shifter but grew up with them and has a hard time finding her place in the world. She has the unique gift of being an empath, clairvoyant, and telepathic which she uses to help shifters. This gift is her bane of existence and could cost her happiness. She sees herself as weak but what she deems a weakness is actually her strength. Knowing what using her gift costs her (pain among them) and that her secret will cause her mate to turn away from her she still goes to help when asked.

What are you currently working on and what is it about?

https://static.pexels.com/photos/55660/pexels-photo-55660.jpegI am currently working on two books. The City Girl Ropes a Lawman which is a contemporary cowboy romance. It is about a woman who has spent her life being what everyone else wants her to be. After years of being her family’s emotional punching bag she decides its past time to make a change. A chance phone call will lead her to Cooper Creek, Montana and the town sheriff who could be the love she always craved. Of course that is if she can convince him that she’s not a money hungry floozy.


My other book is Unbreakable Ties which is a paranormal shifter romance. In this one Grace and Mason are mates who suffered a tragedy ten years ago. A tragedy that left them broken and now Grace is determined to put the past firmly behind her. She files for divorce and plans to have the mating broken by the elders. The only problem is bears mate for life and Mason doesn’t take receiving divorce papers well. A night of passion that Grace considered a final good-bye leaves her staring at two pink lines and a mate who refuses to leave.

What drew you to write in this genre? Romance has always been my love. From the moment I discovered romance books I have been addicted to them. I fell in love with paranormal romance a few years ago and knew that if I ever wrote I wanted to write that sub-genre. The cowboy/country theme that you will find in a lot of my books steams from my own southern background.
How much research do you do?
I actually do a lot of research. I search Pinterest for animals that have the look and feel of the shifter I am writing about. I contact tourist boards in states and cities to make sure that I have any important information that I need. Even if I am making up the town I want to be sure I have the feel of the area I set in. I talk with people within a particular industry to be sure that I have the occupation correct and so many other things. I usually spend the weekends doing research.
Have you written works in collaboration with other writers, and if so: why did you decide to collaborate and did it affect your sales?
No I have not yet worked with any other writers. I am not opposed to it and hope to do so in the future.
When did you decide to become a writer?
I always wanted to write but life led me down another path. When Celia Kyle announced the Grayslake: More Than Mated Kindle World I thought why not. I wrote the book and then thought, no will buy this. Now after more sales than I imagined I am still in shock. I still celebrate each sale and excited to see what the future brings.

How often do you write, and do you have a special time during the day to write?
I try to write everyday and I tend to write my best at like 3 am. It is hard to get writing in each day and that is why I get up early. The house is quiet and I can think without having a million other things going on.
Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages per day?
I do try to write somewhere between 500-10,000 words a day. However as long as I write some each day (except weekends) then I am satisfied.
Where do the your ideas come from?
They come from all sorts of places. Sometimes I wake up and have an idea that develops into a scene or a book. Sometimes I meet a person and think they would be a great character. I do have some characters in my upcoming books that are based on family members or other people in my life.
What is the hardest thing about writing?
For me it is finding the time to get the writing in. I have to write each day and some days there just doesn’t seem to be enough hours in the day.
What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?
The cow! I actually have a cow in The City Girl Ropes a Lawmanwho is being a bit stubborn and won’t flesh herself out well enough yet.
What is the easiest thing about writing?
For this book the easiest has been the heroine. She talks a lot and getting her story out if very easy.
How long on average does it take you to write a book?
I wrote my first one in a couple of months but then next one is taking me a little longer. I would say I will be done in another two months so roughly 4 months. I think that I something that gets better over time.
Do you ever get Writer’s Block, and do you have any tips for getting through it?
Yes!! Just walk away for the day or event or week. Sometimes you need to walk away and come back with fresh eyes.
Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors?
I read about 10 books a month. Sometimes more, it just depends on how busy I am. My favorite authors include: Abbie Zanders, Lani Lynn Vale, Lexi Blake, Ruby Dixon, Grace Goodwin, T.S. Joyce, Heather Rainier, Cara Covington, Aurora Rose Reynolds, Harper Sloan, and so many more.
For your own reading, do you prefer ebooks or traditional paper/hard back books?
I like both. I love traditional books but a few of the authors I read only do ebooks which is okay too.
 Lenore, what are your ambitions for your writing career?
I don’t have any huge ambitions. It’s sad, I know, but true. I started out on a whim and now I simply want to write and have people enjoy my writing. I want to look back when I come to the end of my life and say that I did it. I put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) and accomplish a long-held, secret dream.

Do you proofread/edit all your own books or do you get someone to do that for you?
I do both. I proofread and edit on my own first and then it send it off to be done. It helps to have different eyes on things because I can miss something.

Do you think that the cover plays an important part in the buying process?
Yes. The old saying about not judging a book by its cover is hogwash. Even though we shouldn’t the cover is the first thing you see when you look at a book. A cover can make the reader want to know more or turn them away completely.

How are you publishing this book and why?
Indie because it is simply the right step for me. I like having control over every aspect of my book. I like being able to choose my own covers, set my own pricing, and deciding who I work with and who I don’t.

What would you say are the main advantages and disadvantages of self-publishing against being published or the other way around?
The main advantage is that you are in control and don’t have to worry about a publisher telling you no. The downside is that you are on your own which means marketing and everything is up to you.

Do you have any advice for other authors on how to market their books?
Try every method you can until you find what works for you. The first month my book was out I joined a giveaway with some bloggers and had the best sales ever. The next month without much marketing was so much less. I’m still finding my way when it comes to marketing.
Bio:
Lenore's books are teeming with the allure of alpha men and the undeniably strong women who show them that love is the most powerful force of them all.  Lenore is the type of author who walks to the beat of a drum that is only audible to her, spending countless hours chatting with the characters of her books who won’t stop talking until their stories are all written.
That's all the time we have today folks. Find more about Lenore on facebook, twitter, instagram, or her blog:lenoreharper.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter