Thursday, July 24, 2014

10 minute Free Write

"Yes, I remember saying that," said Kelly. "When I walked there the first time, I thought for sure I seen a ghost of a child teetering on a see-saw, but it was a hot day I could have been hallucinating; what with the fresh smelling cement." Kelly continued to describe his account.
"I know I should have turned away once I heard a boom inside but the place had a hypnotizing effect on me. It was red and had an organized feel to it, so I stepped inside. I felt at home at that junk yard compared to any other junk yard I had ever been to. It reeked of dirt, dust and grime. It wasn't like most junk yards which were dark and forlorn. No this place was exciting. 
 When I entered, I noticed counter tops that were laid out on the entire front half of the interior. On, one of the countertops closest to the entrance held a sign marked "check out" and behind the center counter tops were customer service representatives, all in black uniforms. And behind one of them sat chirpy girl with black micro braids. I mean, When was the last time you ever seen a girl man handling a junk yard?!" exclaimed Kelly.
 By that time Hendrickson was inside the shop, imagining it with Kelly, walking beside him. “Okay, so it’s an amazing shop, and organized." Interrupted Hendrickson, not seeing the point.
“Yeah, but don’t you see? That’s not the half of it”, continued Kelly. “If you can believe it, this place also had art work. Auto parts made into sculptures shaped like robots. They strode in between the counter tops at their cut off points.
I kept wandering closer to the robot shaped figurines, hoping to identify each part of the human like sculptures.

share

Follow me on Twitter