This past week felt like a collection of moments where different parts of my life connected—my past, my creativity, my community, and the stories that continue to shape me.
Last Saturday, I took my son to a gathering at a friend's house. One of the unexpected highlights of the day was reconnecting with a woman I had known in my early twenties. I had met her oldest daughter when she was just a baby, and we had since lost touch. I realized that our sons have become friends, and we now cross paths at the same gatherings. As we caught up, we talked about the different directions our lives had taken since we last knew each other. I shared how much my life had changed, especially my spiritual journey. She smiled and said, "Of course our lives can take different paths."
On Monday, I performed musical improv with my troupe Waxy Conedy at a jam at The Other's Workshop Collective in Minneapolis. This was our team’s second time performing musical improv, and everyone did a great job. 🎭🎶 It was exciting to see how much we’ve grown and how the group continues to build confidence together. During one of the scenes, I was able to make a callback to an earlier moment in the performance, and hearing the audience respond reminded me why I enjoy live improv.
Later in the week, I continued building those creative connections through improv rehearsal. We welcomed a new member to the group, explored new scene ideas together, and our instrumentalist joined us on keyboard, adding another layer of creativity to the rehearsal. It was exciting to see new ideas begin to take shape as we worked together.
This week included reconnecting with someone from my past, performing with my improv team, and returning to stories I enjoyed years ago. I’d love to hear about the moments that shaped your week as well.
A Woman’s Place is in the House” by David Alan Berger playing at the Minnesota Fringe Festival







Sounds like it was a pretty good week! Lots of connections with all the areas of your life, that is so neat! Hope you have another good week!
ReplyDeleteYou've been busy! Sounds like a fun week. I hope you have a great upcoming week!
ReplyDeleteThat's great to get back in touch with someone.
ReplyDelete