Saturday, February 3, 2018

Weekend Writing Warriors #amwriting #amediting

  Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors, the weekly hop for everyone who loves to write!  Sign up on the website:Wewriwa.com and share an 8 to 10 sentence snippet of your writing on Sunday.


No one likes it when their family life changes.  This is particularly hard for the Radtke's.  A troublesome girl named Tracey enters their lives and the children are an endless journey to make sure this girl doesn't get into any further trouble or cause their parents to lose their fostering license.  These are snippets from my second novella in the series, "Oh Tracey."


Last week
“Hurry up,” she yelled from an open window. The car tore away.
“What’ll we do now?” asked Zion.
“Well, we don’t have a patrol car or I’d recommend chasing her ass.”
Zion stuck his finger to his forehead and pulled the trigger. 
I stuck out my thumb and a yellow cab pulled up. Zion and I got in and I said “Follow that car!” pointing to the one Tracey was in. 
The cabbie eyed Zion and I.  He hesitated before I took out two, five dollar bills and waved them in the air.

This week
 He then turned on his meter and said. “Where to?”
“Follow that car,” I said once again.
He did so and we pulled up alongside the Buck Tracey was in. Tracey was going through her purse and I got a better look at the dude in the driver seat. He looked over at me.
I waved at him and then thought better of it and leaned down in my seat instead. When the light turned green, a car got in front of us and didn’t move right away so the cabbie went around it. The Buick turned into another strip mall and the driver parked in front of a mall entrance and Tracey got out the car and took off a pair of sunglasses. She was now wearing a trench coat and went into the entrance of an Applebees.

Readers, please comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter