Saturday, September 30, 2017

Weekend Writing Warriors #Wewriwa

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors, the weekly hop for everyone who loves to write!  Sign up on the website:Wewriwa.com and share an 8 to 10 sentence snippet of your writing on Sunday.


This is a fictional snippet  on a piece I've been working on. The main character has an alcohol addiction and doesn't realize whether he's asleep or awake.

 It’s my sister calling. I should flick it to decline, but my sister cares and she’s the only one who will give me a ride to the store.
I pick up.
“Hey…”
“Hey, where you at?” She asks.
“At home, why?”
“You gonna make it to work today? You gonna beg for your job back?”
“Wasn’t thinking of it, but okay...yeah.”
“Today’s the day!” My sister says.
Yeah the day I get real f#$%#d up.

Readers, please comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter