Saturday, April 9, 2022

Sunday blog post

 The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly or for a monthly wrap up. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme


           LOOKING FORWARD TO APRIL


This morning seemed to be all about ‘The name’ and how it’s spelled.

I had a rideshare client who spelled her name Aliccon.

and at Starbucks (or I got my drink this morning) they were talking about how Katie is often with a C.

This is a conversation I had with one of my clients:


do?”

“ I make photography frames 🖼. we have a couple art galleries that produce art using our frames.

“Have you ever been to an art gallery?” I asked

“No I haven’t but I always really wanted to😀!”

“Well I have,” I said. “and one time I went to a showing because I was invited by a friend who knew some of the artists and there was a woman standing there in transparent clothing(I was very careful in my wording)

“And I guess she was doing nudist 🖼 art.”

“Oh wow 🤩!” said my client.

“Was that part of the exhibit?”

🤔 Now that I think of it , Yes all of the art pieces were women in the nude. I remember because I took a picture with my friends in front of one of the 🍑 pieces, and then sent the picture to a friend, and she said ‘please don’t send this to anybody else.’

“And I was asked to be in their next exhibit as a model, But I think there was a little voyeurism there because I’m a short statured person.”

“ that’s quite the compliment though,” said my ride-share client on the next ride as I continued the story with her.

“I used to be a model,” she said. “And when I was 16 and I was asked to do some things I would never do and my mother would never let me do.” Continuing with “at that time I was 80 pounds dripping wet.”




Photos from Tampa trip

(this was the first time that I heard that phrase dripping wet)

Readers please comment


ON THE BLOG




2 comments:

  1. I've heard the " Dripping wet" phrase before. I think my mom used to say that when referring to herself because she was 5 foot nothing and thin. So she would say when she was little she was 100 lbs dripping wet, referring to how small she was even if she had more weight added to her from water. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stories. Your Florida photos are stunning too. Dripping wet is very commonly used to describe items that are very wet in the UK, though I'd say 80 pounds soaking wet in that scenario. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter