Saturday, May 11, 2019

Sunday Post/Sunday Salon #amwriting @kimbacaffeinate





The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things  received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme

LOOKING FORWARD TO MAY

Image result for mandy patinkin giphy
Mandy Patinkin pictured above
This week has been a busy one for me.  I listened to actor, Mandy Patinkin, give a about how important it is to feel uncomfortable and feel fear and embrace ti. To sit and feel it for a while and knows what’s going on with yourself, and to breathe in and out and know that you're not dying. To acknowledge the fear. Click here to listen to the talk.
And I think that's true. You can’t grow as a person if you don’t put yourself into tough situations.  I think the scariest thing about doing improv, lately, is thinking to myself ‘what's after this?’

This wasn’t part of ‘my plan’. Mandy talks about how he doesn't regret the decisions he's made in his life "he’s just in them"


I sat in my apartment yesterday and embraced the feeling of fear and not wanting to go to Improv. It was raining cats and dogs and improv started at 6:30pm. Around six o'clock, I sat with my fear and then told myself how much I needed to do it and how much I could contribute to the improv group and then I just 'showed up' and I'm glad I did.

During improv, I listened to a guy talk about Charlie Victor Romeo- which is a movie based on a play. The script consists of almost-verbatim transcripts from six real aviation accidents and incidents, (including flight 232). The guy said that he watched the movie on YouTube and it was intense. I went home late and watched it and it was intense. I highly recommend it.
Image result for david beckham giphy

Over the weekend, I also saw 9 state troopers(in the span of 15 miles). I started getting worried after the fourth one and then I went online to see what's up, and it said that more cops are on the road to catch distracted drivers. And then I saw that they made a big deal out of David Beckham being banned from driving for using his mobile phone (as if that's really going to stop him:)

CURRENTLY


Reading: Baby, You're gonna be Mine by Kevin Wilson, Good Luck Charm by Helena Hunting


Listening

Watching: Comedians Roasts talk show Hosts.

ON THE BLOG

Up Coming:


Sunday:Sunday Post

Readers if you want to comment, please do so below.

15 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you made it to Improv. There are instances where I've not wanted to go to an event or something and glad I did go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fear is an interesting thing and a lot has to do with our life experience and coping skills. It can be inspiring, but it can also be paralyzing. All while raising my kids we talked often about conquering our fears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great that you talk to your kids about this. As a kid, I'm not sure we were shown coping skills but I know being in a family full of foster and adopted children has put me in a lot of life experiences for which I've had to cope.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this video. I am always a person who is filled with fear. But you are right. We have to move through our fear.

    Good for you in heading to improv. You are a role model for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, I'm glad to be a role model to even one person in this life time.

      Delete
  4. I have to run out to the store soon and then tonight is all my Sunday night shows so I've bookmarked your post as I want to watch both the Mandy P video and the CVR movie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, this really makes me feel great that I was able to reach someone and they in turn went to watch something I mentioned. If there's one thing I can do as a blogger, it's exactly this.

      Delete
    2. I haven't watched YET but the links are safely in my To Be Watched folder. :-)

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you went and had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m glad you felt the fear and did it anyway!

    Have a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Overcoming fear is so difficult! I agree that it's important to sit with it, and we only grow if we push ourselves in to facing our fears head on. You should be so proud of yourself that you did just that, when you made it to Improv. Good Luck with your career in improv :)

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lindy, I'm hoping to make every moment in Improv count.

      Delete
  8. I hadn't intended to "embrace my fear" this week, but I did have the opportunity to do so...several times. LOL.

    Enjoy the Improv.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That’s a good point about fear. I’m trying to push myself this year and try a bunch of new things. So far, I’m just exhausted all the time. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Facing your fear is a good thing...but physically exhausting. Yes, cops seemed to be out in full force. It's a good thing though.

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter