Saturday, May 18, 2019

Interview with Tunisian Youtuber

With us today is Ahlem Bahroun, a Tunisian book lover who shouts her love for books on Youtube in France. Her thought provoking words can be found on twitter,goodreads or facebook.

And onto the interview...




Ahlem, was it hard getting your booktube,The Binge Reader channel started? What was some of the planning?


I’ve always been passionate about books. I remember reading my first «proper» book when I was around seven, and since then I’ve never left the house without a book, so starting a booktube channel was only a matter of time and I’ve got to say I’m quite surprised with how spontaneously it came to be, I just started filming, on a whim, sent the video to a few of my friends and they encouraged me to start a channel. So I filmed another one, a little bit more prepared and posted it online! And I’m very happy I did.

Which writers inspire you?
I am a huge Harry Potter fan, so saying J.K.Rowling is sort of mandatory I think. Other than that I discovered Gabriel Garcia Marquez last year and fell in love with his writing and the poetic, child-like tone of his novels.   
And of course, Roald Dahl, «Matilda» being one of my favourite books ever. It brings me so much joy.

Where do you get the ideas for your various videos on Youtube?
So far I’ve been getting most of my ideas from the booktube community but I always try to put my own spin on it. I’m currently working on a few videos that I haven't seen much of online, and I’d like to get out of the booktuber box and come up with new and truly original content.

For your own reading, do you prefer ebooks or traditional paper/hard back books?
Oh, the answer will always be the traditional paper book! The smell, and the turning of the pages of the books are an essential part of the reading experience, at least to me.

Do you think that the cover plays an important part in the buying process?
Undoubtedly, it does. We are creatures of desire, there’s no use denying it.A pretty, smartly designed cover will always attract the eye. And who doesn’t want to have beautiful  books on their shelves?

What inspires you to get out of bed each day?
This is probably the hardest question of this whole interview. I hate getting out of bed in the morning, if I must say the truth. But one of the things that get me to out of bed in the morning is probably the prospect of a great breakfast. There’s nothing like that first sip of coffee, it’s all about life’s simple pleasures.

That's all the time we have today folks. Readers, if you have any questions for Ahlem and want to give her a shout out, let her know in the comments below.









4 comments:

  1. Good blog... keep-up the good work.... May I share an Interview with Gabriel Garcia Marquez (imaginary) in http://stenote.blogspot.com/2014/09/an-interview-with-gabriel.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work; I read few posts on this website, including I consider that your blog is fascinating and has sets of the fantastic piece of information. Thanks for your valuable efforts. twitch

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter