Saturday, May 19, 2018

Sunday Post @CaffeinatedBookReviewer #amreading #amjoy #bestoftheday #love


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things  received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme

 MAY


On Wednesday of this week I found myself busier than usual.  We went to Dick's Sporting Goods to buy an inflatable kayak.  Yes, Kayaking is in our future when we buy paddles, an air pump and safety gear.  Ever since we went kayaking in San Diego, we've had kayaking on the brain and I'm so glad we finally bought one.  
I also had a sit down with the Early Child Education committee and I felt like I was having a meeting with the United Nations.  Burmese, Somali, and Mexican immigrants were represented along with their translators in order to discuss child welfare.  It was fantastic!  I speak a bit of Somali and Arabic, so listening to the translation was quite fun for me.

Thanks for stopping by, please be sure to check out what I'm reading and maybe even leave a comment.

CURRENTLY

Reading:  Sweet Bitter By Sephanie Danler, The Cafe by the Sea by Jenny Colgan, They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera, Almost French by Sarah Turnbull, The Assistant by Camille Perri, The Children by Ann Leary, Her Every Fear by Peter Swanson, The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis, The Butterfly Project by Emma Scott.


Listening: Warcross by Marie Lu, Radio Silence by Alice Oseman, 

Watching Silicon Valley and Barry (on Cable)

I decided to list some of my favorite books of 2017 if you're interested.

  1. All the Light we Cannot See by Anthony Doer
  2. Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie
  3. Exit West by Mohsin Hamid
  4. History of Wolves by Emily Fridlund
  5. Elmet by Fiona Mozley
  6. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
  7. The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Alberatalli  
  8. Hanya Yanagihara's 'A Little Life' 
  9. Eileen by Otessa Moshfegh
  10. Tampa by Alissa Nutting


ON THE BLOG

What Happened:

Saturday:Weekend Warriors post


Up Coming:
Saturday:Weekend Warriors 
Sunday:Sunday Post




Readers if you want to comment, please do so below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter