Saturday, February 9, 2019

Sunday Post #amreading #amjoy

Sunday Post @kimbacaffeinate #amreading #amjoy



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things  received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme

           LOOKING FORWARD TO FEBRUARY

My brother(above) with the snow blower.
This week it snowed all over again.  When you live in Minnesota, every snow is your first, even though you’ve been through so many winters.  Every year seems to have a different impact. One year, I remember my car had to be jumped, three times. Another year the snow reached higher than my head 😄and I had to get to an appointment but I got stuck in the alley and there were dozens of my neighbors trying to help shovel out the snow because they knew the plows wouldn’t get out there fast enough.  




One year, there were icecles on every tree branch and every surface it seemed. One year, my car got stuck on the 169 bridge and it started slipping downward. and if it had slipped anymore it would have been greeted by a hundred cars that were all backed up-waiting to go over the bridge.

CURRENTLY

Reading:  The Spite Game by Anna Snoekstra, The Adults by Caroline Hulse, The Answers by Catherine Lacey,The Alice Network by Kate Quinn, The Ghost Notebooks by Ben Dolnick,The Only Story by Julian Barnes, The Museum of Modern Love by Heather Rose, Touch by Courtney Maum, Sunburn by Laura Lippman



Listening: Listening Haunted nights by Ellen Datlow, All Aunt Hagar’s Children by Edward P. Jones, The Heart goes Last by Margaret Atwood



Watching:Nothing this week 


ON THE BLOG

Sunday: The Sunday Post

Up Coming:
Interview with Writer

Readers if you want to comment, please do so below.

13 comments:

  1. We almost never get snow here so it's hard to imagine having that much snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's pretty crazy. I'd love to be where you are.

      Delete
  2. I love the beauty of the snow, both when falling and looking out my windows at the woods with all of the freshly fallen snow. This year, though, I've had enough of the frigid temperatures, counting down the days til Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's beautiful yet treacherous, someone once told me.

      Delete
  3. For years I have lived an hour or slightly more from snowy places, so I get as much as I want without having to deal with it daily.

    I do love playing in the snow and then going home. LOL.

    Enjoy your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love snow! We got a little bit a week or so ago and it was fun but we don't often get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love how you can wear sweaters almost year round here.

      Delete
  5. I haven’t seen live snow. I live in tropical area so.. I am hearing the news of excessive snowfall this year and I hope you guys are fine.
    Have a lovely week ahead. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don’t live in Minnesota, but I grew up on a side street that rarely got plowed. The neighbors would have to get together and dig us out. I hope you have a good week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I moved from Minnesota to North Carolina so I could enjoy snow for 2-4 days but otherwise have mostly 50-70 temps all winter. Plus I can be out riding my Harley instead of shoveling snow. I lived there for 35 years so I was ready for something new. Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, we feel you. I am in Nebraska and get more than enough snow. We are being dumped on again this weekend. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter