Friday, January 5, 2018

Weekend Writing Warriors #amwriting #amediting #amjoy

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors, the weekly hop for everyone who loves to write!  Sign up on the website:Wewriwa.com and share an 8 to 10 sentence snippet of your writing on Sunday.


No one likes it when their family life changes.  This is particularly hard for the Radtke's.  A troublesome girl named Tracey enters their lives and the children are an endless journey to make sure this girl doesn't get into any further trouble or cause their parents to lose their fostering license.  These are snippets from my second novella in the series, "Oh Tracey."
Last week

There she is,” I pointed to Tracey leaving the restaurant and going into the mall.

Zion emptied a mint into his mouth before he followed me out of the restaurant. Coin slotted rocking horses and carousels chimed as tykes begged their mothers for quarters.Tracey walked past a Claire’s boutique and a nail shop.

“We’re going to have to walk a little faster,” I said to Zion.

Tracey’s amazonian legs made a speed walker look dangerous.


I broke my strides into two and Zion did the same.  There were a lot of shoppers in the mall. A group of elderly mall walkers passed us with sweat bands and shirts that said. ‘And you thought your Grandma was slow?'

This week

My jacket grazed a few of the oldies but goodies and their heads didn’t even turn. Zion stopped to juke to the sound of the carousel.
“Let’s go, we don’t have time for that,” I said.
He stopped dancing and we gave chase once more.Tracey was a ways ahead of us heading towards the back of the mall, when she reached the end she pushed open an exit door. By the time we got to the door it had closed. I pushed on its steel lever but it was locked. “Shit Zion,” I said.

Readers, please comment below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter