Saturday, January 6, 2018

#Wewriwa #amwriting

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors, the weekly hop for everyone who loves to write!  Sign up on the website:Wewriwa.com and share an 8 to 10 sentence snippet of your writing on Sunday.


No one likes it when their family life changes.  This is particularly hard for the Radtke's.  A troublesome girl named Tracey enters their lives and the children are an endless journey to make sure this girl doesn't get into any further trouble or cause their parents to lose their fostering license.  These are snippets from my second novella in the series, "Oh Tracey."

Last week's

This is my business card,” the woman said.
On the front it said, Ms. Patty’s handbags in curly letters with a big cat in the right hand corner. On the back it said nothing.
“Ms. Patty?” I said in amusement.
She patted her hair. “Why yes?”
“Um, you may want to meet my Uncle Roger. He has a little printing business and he may be able to help you out with your little business cards.”
She stared at me smug and said, “Shouldn’t you be in school or something?”

This week


I looked at the card again. It read:
540 Broadway, Minneapolis.
The store was on the other side of the city. “We’ll do,” I said. Knowing full well we’d never swing by. Mom didn’t even like to bring us to Kmart to buy our school supplies. How was she going to bring us to Ms. Patty’s shop?
Patty turned to leave.  I shut the door and turned to Zion who was extending my detective’s coat out to me on an outstretched arm. “No detective work today Zion, but what do we really know about Tracey?  
Readers, feel free to leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter