Sunday, November 12, 2023

Sunday Post

via GIPHY

 


LOOKING FORWARD TO November








This week I spent some time on Tandem app helping English learners. We played a game similar to Quiplash called Votesout (the free version).  In this game, you answer fun questions for example you may get a question like this:
What is the best way to scare a burglar?  And you add your response and it's voted on.



I made a new friend in my building named Nicki and we spent some time declutering my apartment and moving things around. I felt pretty great afterwards, like I could take on any project.

Earlier in the week, I went to a dental appointment related to putting the actual crown on the teeth. Then I learned that because my general dentist at the University of Minnesota closed its building, I'd have to get another appointment to ensure that my teeth were up to par before the procedure. Wow!  They asked me if I wanted the gold crown or porcelain or some other, and I was like "I'll choose the one that looks the most like my other teeth." 
I also learned that the dental student would be transferring to Mankato to work in their mobile clinic and I learned that mobile clinics are a great way to cut costs from building rentals.


HUGE Improvathon will be coming up Nov 16-17 and this will be 28 hours of continuous improv. Our Disability access team will be performing in it at 11:40 at night.








That's my week. Tell me about yours in the comments below.



ON THE BLOG

Reading




13 comments:

  1. Dentists are no fun! I’m the opposite of you: I’ve been going to the same dental offices/building for decades, but the actual dentist and all the staff have changed at least twice as each one retires and sells the practice. Luckily, I’ve liked each dentist and also the hygienists. Good luck with getting your work done.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dentists are the rare variety for sure. I just remember my dentist talking to the dental hygenist about how his dad is on a strict diet of fish and veggies after getting a heart attack and he's like 'Dad you can have the rare sweet, it won't kill you(I'm like really dentist?)

      Delete
  2. I still need to take care of the thing my dentist said to do last time, but who has time when it isn't bothering you? Those online games sound fun. That's so awesome you're doing that. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand Lisa. I do enjoy putting off the dentist as well.

      Delete
  3. I'm also dealing with two issues, but a long way from getting the crown to cap it all off. I hope your process goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get it taken care of Joy. One step at a time, is what I like to say.

      Delete
  4. I hope all goes well with your crown. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should be a swift process, although I already missed two appointment in the same month,( slaps forward)

      Delete
  5. Going to dental students is a very inexpensive way to get dental work done. My brother-in-law told us about this when he was a dental student. I hope the procedure goes smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I noticed too that they knock off a few hundred at the student dental clinic if you are willing to do studies for them:)

      Delete
  6. I called to see how much an extraction would be with no insurance and they told me $500.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope all is well Mary with your teeth. Glad to have mine for sure.

      Delete
  7. Good luck with the dental stuff. I think it's been nearly 10 years since I went to a dentist. My teeth don't hurt, so I just hope they're okay. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter