Sunday, January 8, 2023

Sunday Post

 



 

LOOKING FORWARD to January



This week I took my son sledding and he had a blast. We used a makeshift sled made out of cardboard. 

We had a Disability Jam at HUGE theater. We played games like Pompous Man and a game called Whoosh. My six-year-old son  was able to come with and he loved being able to do improv with adults and included his own nuances into the games. I'm in the picture below with my son sitting next to me.  Here is how you play
'Whoosh'

Average Joe's (Improv Jam)





1.  Everybody stands in a circle.

2.  Start with one person, who waves both hands to his/her neighbor, saying `Whoosh`.

3.  The next person passes the Whoosh to his neighbor, and that way the Whoosh is passed around the circle.

4.  There’s 4 other sounds/movements that can be made:

5.  Whoa!: indicated by saying “whoa”, and holding up both hands in a stop motion. A “Whoa” changes the direction of the Whoosh.


 My son had several days off school so it was a few days at home watching K-Dramas and reading books and playing with LEGOs and drawing with my son.

Finally, I did a stage match at Strike Theater.








 

ON THE BLOG


Reading






12 comments:

  1. I've been reading a lot lately on how doing improv can be helpful as therapy and in writing. And look at your son, getting such an early start!

    Love the snowman snowblowing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Improv can help you act out those moments in your life that you hold a little too closely, and by making light of them, you can let those experiences go. My son is such a joker and enjoyed every minute of it.

      Delete
  2. How fun that your son gets to participate in an activity that you love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Karen. He even found curtain into the backstage which we called "the Secret Hideout."

      Delete
  3. Whoosh sounds like a fun game! I wonder if any of my drama teachers at the school do anything like that. Sounds like a nice week. Here's to another good one! Thanks for visiting me at Lisa Loves Literature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoosh sounds and looks like it was a fun game. I'm glad you and your son had a fun time. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a good way to start the new year!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Looks like you had a wonderful time with your son.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good time with your son.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun for you and your son!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! The snowman video is hilarious!
    My favorite times are those spent with my kids and their families.
    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That snowman reminds me of the time my brother wore a neon orange jump suit to snowblow. Eye catching for sure!

      Delete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter