Friday, May 13, 2022

Sunday post #amwriting #amjoy

via GIPHY


 

The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly or for a monthly wrap up. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme


           LOOKING FORWARD TO MAY


Candyland store in St Paul

“You going to Law School?” I said to my ride-share client after noticing her destination in the app.

“Yeah!” 😀she said enthusiastically. “It’s a lot of work.

“I went to school for teaching,” I said. “Teaching might not have been my cup of tea but it did help me become more resilient and practice public speaking skills which I use while performing improv.”

“Wow,improv is so cool!”

I continued with,“I didn’t even know that I was built skills that I could use on the improv stage.”

Fire Engine sighting

“You know,” I said. “This may sound ignorant 🧐 but there was a time I thought lawyers had it all together, but I’ve met some interesting lawyers in my writer’s group who have talked about challenges in their life, including attachment🫣 issues.”

“Oh yeah, we lawyers are humans like everyone else,” she said, “but I really hope that I enjoy this law profession because it is the hardest thing I ever done in my life!”

I chuckled

“The hardest thing for me is raising my five-year-old,” I said.


“Oh yeah, I know if I had a kid there is no way I would be able to attend law school,” she said.


“You know the hardest thing about law school is minding my professors, I always have something to say about how things can be different and I always tell them.”
Improv this week



“At least you don’t get anxious while asserting yourself,” I said. “That’s my problem. I assert myself and then get anxious about it.”

“You are your own best advocate,” she said, “And people will try to take advantage of you when they see you doing a lot.”

“Yes, that’s why it’s incredibly important to focus on yourself,” I said.

It was in that moment that I thought of circumstances where I’ve been taken advantage of in the workplace.

“Boundaries are important,” she said. “Thanks Trin for the ride and for the chat,” she said why exiting the car.

“Good luck at law school!” I said.





Readers please comment below

ON THE BLOG

Reading



9 comments:

  1. It is a valuable lesson we all need to learn, about being our own (and our young children's) advocate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its true. The more advocating work we do. The more this world will change.

      Delete
  2. Interesting conversation. I love the Schitt's Creek gif. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've seen a few episodes of that show and it's been quite funny.

      Delete
  3. I imagine law school is hard. But, I agree with you, raising kids is the hardest thing I have ever done, but also the most rewarding.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an amazing conversation. You both sound like great people to know and chat with!
    Your photos are amazing, as always. I do love seeing a slice of your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I love rides to the airport especially, because travel stories are the greatest.

      Delete
  5. Law school would be hard. They phrase everything in such weird terms it's hard to understand. lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter