Saturday, October 9, 2021

Sunday Post #amreading #amjoy @kimbacaffeinate @BillyCrystal




Image result for billy crystal animated gif




The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things  received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme
Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Review

           LOOKING FORWARD TO march


This week I listened to Billy Crystal's audiobook. He talked about his idea for the 'pepper/popper' scene in 'When Harry Met Sally'


and how you develop a funny voice when you get comfortable with someone , and begin to fall in love.  A lot of the audiobook was endearing.
I also learned about his friendship with Mickey Mantel over the years and him giving a hand in writing Mantel's eulogy and his friendship with Mohamed Ali. Crystal's life sounds busy and exhausting.  He also talked about:
-aging
-Robert De Niro
-writing a musical based on his father
-50th birthday
Billy Crystal's book 'Still Foolin' Em' can be found at the link below
Readers, is there a scene from 'When Harry Met Sally' that you love?


ON THE BLOG

Current: The Sunday Post, Stacking the Books

Up Coming:

21 comments:

  1. It's interesting, when we "know" people because of their notoriety, then get to hear who they really are through their own words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure is Karen, I hope one day people will know me for my words:)

      Delete
  2. I love When Harry Met Sally, and can't watch it enough! I've probably seen it ten or more times. LOL.

    I should get the book about him.

    Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to Hear Laurel. Whenever I'm in a bad mood, that movie always brightens me up:)

      Delete
  3. It's been years since I watched When Harry Met Sally but I remember I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could suggest any movie with Meg Ryan and Now I know a few more with Billy Crystal.

      Delete
  4. I love Billy Crystal! When Harry Met Sally is one of my favorite movies! Happy Reading!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear Lindy. I'll stop by your page and see what you've got going on.

      Delete
  5. While I liked When Harry Met Sally, I think his voice acting as Mike in Monsters Inc is his best work.

    Have a great reading week
    Shelleyrae @Book’d Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monsters Ink is one of my fav movies as well. I learned so much about animation from that one.

      Delete
  6. I've never seen When Harry Met Sally. I've been wanting to forever though.
    Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen. Keep busy with your lil' one!

      Delete
  7. I’ve never seen When Harry Met Sally, but I’m glad the audiobook was good. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes AJ. I'm all things audiobook these last weeks and even found myself getting detoured recently , getting caught up in one of the books.

      Delete
  8. Billy Crystal has made some good movies. Enjoy your reading!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Anne he has. I've had the chance to learn just how hard it is to go from making one blockbuster to making the next with all these recent audiobooks I've been listening too.

      Delete
  9. It's been literally years since I watched When Harry Met Sally, but I loved it and feel it's a classic film. Very cool to know about some of his friendships, which I can see. Something about Mr. Crystal just seems fun. Hugs....rO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I hope Crystal lives to a long, long age.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that movie. This sounds interesting, i would enjoy listening to him talk about movies, life and more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like it. Nice. Here is the a Brief Look at Dubai from the eyes of its Expats:
    https://expatsindubai.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter