Saturday, September 8, 2018

#8Sunday, Weekend Writing Warriors

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors, the weekly hop for everyone who loves to write!  Sign up on the website:Wewriwa.com and share an 8 to 10 sentence snippet of your writing on Sunday.


No one likes it when their family life changes.  This is particularly hard for the Radtke's.  A troublesome girl named Tracey enters their lives and the children are an endless journey to make sure this girl doesn't get into any further trouble or cause their parents to lose their fostering license.  These are snippets from my second novella in the series, "Oh Tracey."

Last Week

She wiped at her face and picked up another energy drink from the floor before sitting on the couch across from me with a huff.
“You okay?” I asked.
“Fine,” she said.
I turned to look at the program on TV. A rerun of ‘Full House.’ Michelle Tanner was running in the room and saying, ‘You got to come here. You got to come here,’ and of course everyone came running: the dad, who was a widower, the uncles who strangely lived with the Tanners, and the sister.
I went upstairs to my room and saw Tracey’s diary on her bed. The cover was filled with about a hundred flowers connected to each other with vines and leaves. It had a wax seal finish that made it look shiny and on the side a six inch magnetic strip that helped clasp it close.

This week

I knew it was Tracey’s diary because on the back she scrawled in black marker her name.
Should I read it? Should I? I went back and forth wrestling with my conscience.  If I read it, I may be compelled to tell someone about it because it might be hard for me not to.  Then again, if I did read it, Tracey might find out and tell Mom and Dad.  I settled with the decision that yes I should read it, she could be in trouble. On the first page it read:
Readers beware.

Readers, please comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter