Wednesday, April 5, 2017

D is for Discovering Free Events: #AtoZChallenge via @trincarl @mnplaylist


Discovering Free events can be a lot of fun, especially if you're a  Minnesotan because this state is one of the theater capitals of the world.
***I am preempting this post by telling readers that they will learn about free events in Minnesota.  Don't worry readers, I'll write a post on Friday about how to find free events in other regions as well.
Let's continue...
This post goes along with this Month's #AtoZChallenge and My theme of: Anything Writer(ly). As a writer, I found that going to the theater has always enriched my writing.  I have also interviewed several local Actor/esses on theglobaldig. See my interview with Joy Dollo and Sandra Struthers. So without further ado, let's figure out how to find free theater events.

Step 1







Step 2

Click beneath the Calendar where it says Pay What you Can or (Free).  This will bring up all of the Upcoming plays.





Step 3
Peruse the playlist at your leisure.  Noting what dates and times might work for you and your friends.  Because one rarely goes to a movie alone and certainly not a play.  Then dress your best and pay homage to your dear local actor/esses.  Making sure to laugh and giggle at each new scene.




Readers if you have any comments let me know in the comments below.  And visit @mnplaylist


4 comments:

  1. What a cool concept! I've heard of half-price tickets on performance day, but never something like this. I bet this is a good way for off-off Broadway shows to garner an audience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you'll find that theaters in Minnesota aren't you're run of the mill. Some theater companies visit prisons or conduct their plays in people's garages.

      Delete
  2. looks like you have a great concept for your Minnesota readers.
    joy @ The Joyous Living

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. Your blog thejoyousliving.com is pretty great too. I like your anagram idea for your #AtoZChallenge

      Delete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter