Sunday, March 31, 2024

Sunday Post

via GIPHY

 


LOOKING FORWARD TO April

Yesterday I went to writers group and I wrote several stories about my adventures on the language learning app: HelloTalk.  At one point I had been talking to people about cheesy English pick-up linesHere are a few of them:  


I’m trying to think of something to say, but all I can think about is how cute you are.”

“Are you an archeologist ‘cuz you dug up a hole in my heart.”

I also drove for ride-share and I remember picking up a woman who said she used to be a drill sergeant in the army, and we talked about how it helped her become more assertive even though she characterized herself as an introvert.  Now near retirement, the same woman said that she works for a medical equipment company that inserts batteries into life saving materials and things for NASA.  I remember telling her about how important it is to do work you love and how it's good to be easy going and have a laugh at the small things. We talked about improv and some stand-up comics in the Twin Cities.  She said one amateur comic in Minneapolis is charging $100 for tickets to his shows which she finds quite bizarre because she believes that people have to earn their right to charge people exorbitant prices.







That's my week. Tell me about yours in the comments below.



ON THE BLOG

Reading

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a pretty good week. I do love all the interesting people you get to talk to with the rideshares. And the cheesy pick up lines sounds like a fun bit! Hope you have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch to that camel bite!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to have a job where you get to talk to others about important things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that sounds like a good week.

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter