Sunday, October 15, 2023

Sunday Post

via GIPHY

 


LOOKING FORWARD TO october


This week, I went to practice languages with a lot of people at a big event at HeadFlyer Brewing.  We got a name tag and put all of our known languages from best to worse, and started mingling.  I was extremely nervous and thought I would stick around for 15 minutes but then stayed for two hours.  Everyone was so nice and I got invited to eat afterwards, and go to a concert.  


I also went for the second time to Red Rabbit.  This restaurant has the greatest lasagna I ever had, and my brother ordered their cavatelli.  It was my birthday last Saturday, so it's been one fantastic day after the next. A friend of mine took me out for lunch after the writer's group and then bought everyone else lunch! And my brother gave me $170.

Food from Red Rabbit




That's my week. Tell me about yours in the comments below.



ON THE BLOG

Reading

intertwine in unexpected ways.







10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice birthday week! That language things sounds cool. One of the teachers at school is using some online language program to learn a bunch of languages. He's a Spanish teacher, but is learning I think Arabic? Not sure. Hope you have a nice week, and thanks for visiting me earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Learning languages is turning out better than I expected. I know how to read Arabic as well--Thanks to years showing up to Arabic classes at the Masjid. Learning how to read right to left is quite the challenge but it gets better with time.

      Delete
  2. Oddly your link sent me to your Sunday Salon from December 2021. I read the whole thing and wondered how you could have 27 comments already. Ha! Enjoy your day and your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know Anne. I had so much fun these last few weeks with my birthday and all. I have been practicing a mindfulness strategy that centers around this idea of "If you had any amount of money to create the house of your dreams, what would it look like?" With this idea alone, you can picture the world as this infinite place.

      Delete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like a great birthday week. Hope you enjoy your books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your link on Sunday Salon OFTEN goes to that 2021 post. Very strange.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why it does that, But I will try to look into it--maybe I can google the answer?:)

      Delete
  5. Your Sunday Salon post link always takes me that old post. Often I correct it but this week I was out of town.

    I like the idea of getting together to practice different languages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome that you ended up having such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. When you show up with Energy and intention, you can do so many things!

      Delete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter