Sunday, September 17, 2023

Sunday post

via GIPHY

 



LOOKING FORWARD TO september

This week I had to go for a root canal procedure and that was quite painful, but they were able to remove the pulp. They had two types of anesthesia because the first dose didn't have the necessary effect.

I also went to a workshop on Authentic relating. This was the first time going to a workshop like this but I believe it won't be the last. It encourages individuals to cultivate empathy and compassion and to create a safe space for vulnerability and authentic expression. I was put on the hot seat and everyone in a circle asked me questions about my life.  It was quite empowering to hear everyone's authentic stories. 

I watched two entire episodes of K-Drama in Spanish and Portuguese.  I was surprised I was able to understand a good amount,  (mostly the subtitles).   



I also caught a bit of the Mexican Independence Day parade. It was quite acoustic to hear the rhythm of the drumming as I was sitting in my car under a bridge.

Grateful list
Grateful that my friend invited me to the authentic workshop
For someone remarking kindly on my Tandem Language App: "Trin is super cheerful and bubbly. I love the vibe she brings to the conversation.  She's nice and considerate and too observant for her own good.  Her indian accent is impeccable.





That's my week. Tell me about yours in the comments below.



ON THE BLOG

Reading




I really liked listening to Jon Kabot-Zinn talk about how wherever you go, you are. It means like no matter where you are in life you have only the moment, we don't have the past or the future, so we can change the thoughts that we have currently to address how we want to feel.










7 comments:

  1. Whenever someone wants to describe a highly unpleasant thing they say “but I’d rather do ______ than a root canal!” SO I feel for you having an actual root canal, and hope you are all well.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cultivating empathy and compassion? Creating a safe space for vulnerability and authentic expression? That sounds fantastic.

    I really enjoyed I Never Thought of It That Way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The engaging interviews with seasoned runners on http://runpost.org/ offer valuable insights. It's like having a front-row seat to the experiences and wisdom of accomplished athletes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "https://nsnewsindia.net/ commitment to journalistic integrity shines through in its well-articulated articles. Bravo!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. "https://paperearn.net/ commitment to journalistic integrity shines through in its well-articulated articles. Bravo!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. "https://ytteacher.net/ commitment to pedagogical integrity shines through in its well-articulated lessons. Bravo!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. "https://naztricks.net/ commitment to journalistic integrity shines through in its well-articulated articles. Bravo!"

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter