Saturday, March 18, 2023

Sunday Post

via GIPHY

 



 

 

LOOKING FORWARD to March


Happy St. Paddy's Day!!

The Vulcans like to give mustaches to fans

On Friday, I took to my son to see his doctor. I guess he has some flat feet and hammer toe which is preventing him from running at a good speed. I have flat feet as well due to my achondroplasia. As we left the clinic,we caught a bit of the St. Paddy's Day parade, including the Vulcans.

On Tuesday, I did improv online.  We talked about ChatGPT which is an artificial intelligence chatbot developed by OpenAI and launched in November 2022.  I learned how the chat can help with creating social media posts.  It seems similar to asking questions on Google. 


 
On Saturday, I helped English language learners do improv, and then watched several Disney short films on Disney Plus, including one about rats (with Ratatouille characters). My son is fascinated with rats and was curious to know how many rats live on earth 7 billion, and then he asked me how many rats live in people's homes. I didn't even want to know the answer to this question, but learned there's been 2.5 million rat citings.

Psychological facts

1.Food made by someone else tastes better than your own cooking, despite having the same recipe.

2.A study found that making a meal requires you to stand around it so long that it already feels less appealing by eating time. Hence, your satisfaction decreases subsequently.




 

ON THE BLOG


Reading 
A hypnotic literary horror novel about a young boy trapped inside his own world, whose drawings blur the lines between fantasy and reality. Ever since he nearly drowned in the ocean three years earlier, ten-year-old Jack Peter Keenan has been deathly afraid to venture outdoors. Refusing to leave his home in a small coastal town in Maine, Jack Peter spends his time drawing monsters
I loved this novel!! I picked it up because I learned that I enjoy thrillers with child perspectives.  I liked the setting with the house by the lake and the snow fall.  The supernatural bits were amazing!! I think I will be reading everyone of Keith Donohue's novels from here on out.





5 comments:

  1. The psychological fact about food sounds definitely true. It also sounds similar to something I used to tell my mom when she'd tell me I had my own money to buy something. And I'd tell her it meant more when she bought it for me, lol. Hoe you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, I liked when my mom called home from the grocery store asking us kids if we needed anything.

      Delete
  2. Different cooks probably have different reactions to their own and other people’s cooking — not all having the same exact reaction as that generalization suggests. When Julia Child tasted her own creations on the original French Chef cooking show, I don’t think her pleasure was feigned. I know a lot of cooks who love to cook and then eat their creations. People just aren’t all alike! I wonder how many subjects were in the study you saw.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Julia Child. She was such an inspiration.

      Delete
  3. You should show your son my Monday Raturday posts. He'll see some cute rats.

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter