Sunday, June 19, 2022

Sunday Post and fun nights of Comedy

via GIPHY



  The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly or for a monthly wrap up. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme


 

LOOKING FORWARD to MAY


This week I had met with some other actors at Gutty's comedy club to take part in an improv workshop for people with disabilities.  It was two nights of fun with games like "One word story" , "Newscaster" and "What are you doing?"

A picture of my son and classmates on a field trip in St. Paul


Next week I'll be taking part in a charity fundraiser called the Mission Network held at Gutty's Comedy Club. This fundraiser is to help Veterans.

The Mission project send cards, notes and care packages to our military to let them know they’re not alone and we care. The project sends care packages year round, but offer special missions to send extra love and encouragement over the holidays (Valentine’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas). More info at https://www.facebook.com/themissionproject05



Earlier in the week, I took part in a marketing event at HUGE theater to get artists to learn about resources.  

Later in the week, I checked out the Frontline webpage for essential workers and I pumped up my son's bike tires (he still has training wheels)
A car show in St. Paul this weekend





Readers please comment below

 

ON THE BLOG



"Summer Love" book by Nancy Thayer is great. I have enjoyed the intertwining story lines and find these types of storytelling structures often work for me as a reader.




9 comments:

  1. I've been reading so much more lately, I'll have to check out Summer Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to look for the Nancy Thayer book. I usually enjoy her books. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Your picture of the veterans is so touching – and true! Summer Love sounds interesting – and who could resist that cover? Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a great project and I hope it continues.

      Delete
  4. I'm checking out the Mission Project. Back when Dear Abby used to do the holiday letters to the military in the newspapers every year, I did that several times. Thanks for sharing that with me! Have a great week, and thanks for visiting my Sunday post at Lisa Loves Literature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its a great mission and glad the comedy community will be doing a fundraiser collaboration.

      Delete
  5. I've heard a lot of good things about Abby Jimenez's new book. I'll be curious to see what you think.

    The photo from your son's field trip looks like he had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you've been very busy doing some very important things!

    Mission Network is a wonderful thing!

    My husband had a vehicle we took to car shows for years. I loved looking at all the vehicles.

    I may check out the Thayer book, I love the cover. I don't remember ever hearing about author Abby Jimenez, I'll check out her books.

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what sort of car that was. Love old time cars.

      Delete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter