Saturday, October 20, 2018

Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors, the weekly hop for everyone who loves to write!  Sign up on the website:Wewriwa.com and share an 8 to 10 sentence snippet of your writing on Sunday.


No one likes it when their family life changes.  This is particularly hard for the Radtke's.  A troublesome girl named Tracey enters their lives and the children are an endless journey to make sure this girl doesn't get into any further trouble or cause their parents to lose their fostering license.  These are snippets from my second novella in the series, "Oh Tracey."


Previous entry

After reading what I had.  I came to the decision that Zion and I would just have to explore Tracey's purse, the one we received from the owner of Shinder's hobby store who said Tracey left it at the mall by mistake.
I went to get the purse where I hid it in my backpack and flipped the purse over.  I didn’t regret it. Out poured about twenty ID’s, all with faces of strangers looking back at me as if to say, 'yes, you found us, now what?'
Later in the evening, Zion and I had to do some mission work at the church.  I picked up a rake and raked as fast I could while talking to Zion. "Look, those Id’s could have came from anywhere. They may have just been a sort of collection."

This week's entry

"In what scenario would Tracey have had that could lead her to having that many ID’s?" Zion asked.
"I don’t know, maybe her mom used to work at a Drivers license station."
"Yeah, that’s it, " said Zion.  It said in Tracey’s journal that her mom had several odd jobs. Even it said she worked at the YMCA, you know how people are always handing over their ID’s and then forgetting them. She had probably collected a dozen or so of them from the lost and found."
I thought about my own dad taking us to the Civic center and taking out his ID. The attendant looking down on us from his place at the counter and saying to me, 'And where’s your ID missy?'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter