Saturday, June 9, 2018

Weekend Writing Warriors #8Sunday #amwriting #amjoy

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors, the weekly hop for everyone who loves to write!  Sign up on the website:Wewriwa.com and share an 8 to 10 sentence snippet of your writing on Sunday.


No one likes it when their family life changes.  This is particularly hard for the Radtke's.  A troublesome girl named Tracey enters their lives and the children are an endless journey to make sure this girl doesn't get into any further trouble or cause their parents to lose their fostering license.  These are snippets from my second novella in the series, "Oh Tracey."


Last week
“Never mind.” I began reorganizing the crafts on the table in a way that seemed to make more sense. Boy wooden dolls went other with boy wooden dolls, girls went with girls. Figures that said, ‘Home sweet home’ didn’t need to go with other ones that resembled homes, so I put them instead next to Halloween cats and scarecrows. The Christmas Santas really had no place next to the candy canes so I put them with the the vegetables, including orange squash and tomatoes. “Eat your heart out,” I said patting Santa’s belly.
“You’re weird, you know that?” said Tracey.
“Am not.”


“Are too.”

This week

I wanted to tell her how weird she was and ask her who the ugly women was who slapped her around before we got here but I didn’t want to blow my cover.
“Look, if you want to reorganize the crafts, let me do it,” Tracey said. She put all the wooden crafts back to where they were; just in time too because Connie came back. Dang, Tracey must have a photographic memory.
“Make any money?” Connie asked, hopeful.
“Umm no,” I said.
Her face dropped.
“No worries,” she said. She turned away from us to pull her shirt over her flat bottom.

Readers, please comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter