Saturday, April 14, 2018

Weekend Warriors #amwriting #amediting

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors, the weekly hop for everyone who loves to write!  Sign up on the website:Wewriwa.com and share an 8 to 10 sentence snippet of your writing on Sunday.


No one likes it when their family life changes.  This is particularly hard for the Radtke's.  A troublesome girl named Tracey enters their lives and the children are an endless journey to make sure this girl doesn't get into any further trouble or cause their parents to lose their fostering license.  These are snippets from my second novella in the series, "Oh Tracey."



Last week

He pointed to the restaurant. We made our way to TGIF.
Inside, it was was packed full of men in their thirties shouting at an overhead TV. To the right, there was a panoramic glass window that looked out onto the street. I walked closer to it and recognized Tracey outside, she was taking out a plastic bag from her zebra skin purse and handing it to a woman with foot long braids. The woman smiled at her and then turned to backhand Tracey in the face.

Shocked, I winced and then drew even closer to the window. “Wish I could hear them."

This week

I turned and said to Zion who was looking over at some customers’ plates lobbed full of  steak fries and kabobs. “I’ll be back in a sec,” he said.
“Nooo Zion,” I managed.
Too late, he was already scooping up leftovers from a bus bin. I rolled my eyes, totally grossed out.
As he licked the leftovers, I cupped my hands to the window.
The braided woman took out her pager and released a chunk of Tracey’s hair. Damn this girl was messing with the wrong woman.
“Are you going to pay for that?” I heard a waiter ask.

Readers, please comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter