Saturday, March 10, 2018

Weekend Writing Warriors #amwriting #amediting

Welcome to Weekend Writing Warriors, the weekly hop for everyone who loves to write!  Sign up on the website:Wewriwa.com and share an 8 to 10 sentence snippet of your writing on Sunday.


No one likes it when their family life changes.  This is particularly hard for the Radtke's.  A troublesome girl named Tracey enters their lives and the children are an endless journey to make sure this girl doesn't get into any further trouble or cause their parents to lose their fostering license.  These are snippets from my second novella in the series, "Oh Tracey."


Last week

My jacket grazed a few of the oldies but goodies and their heads didn’t even turn. Zion stopped to juke to the sound of the carousel.
“Let’s go, we don’t have time for that,” I said.
He stopped dancing and we gave chase once more.Tracey was a ways ahead of us heading towards the back of the mall, when she reached the end she pushed open an exit door. By the time we got to the door it had closed. I pushed on its steel lever but it was locked. “Shit Zion,” I said.

This week

“Let’s go, we don’t have time for that,” I said.
He stopped dancing and we gave chase once more.Tracey was a ways ahead of us heading towards the back of the mall, when she reached the end she pushed open an exit door. By the time we got to the door it had closed. I pushed on its steel lever but it was locked. “Shit Zion,” I said.
“Stay calm,” he offered me a mint from his coat pocket.
I threw the mint at a potted plant.
“Now what?”

“There’s TGIF,” Zion said, “maybe there’s an entrance into the same building through there.”

Readers, please comment below.

1 comment:

  1. Once Upon A Child Fayetteville NC Welcome to The Whaley Center, Fayetteville’s premier destination for an affordable, convenient, and conscientious shopping experience.

    ReplyDelete

Comments

share

Follow me on Twitter