Sunday, June 8, 2014

    Two minute Writing prompt                                                                                                            You walk into your house and it’s completely different–furniture, decor, all changed. And nobody’s home.
My home has changed somehow.  
Seems bigger emptier, 
nobody's home.
Now normally I like that
 Throw on some tunes and dance across the cool, hard wood floors.
 Fifty feet dimensions all my own space.
 But today its different.  
Boxes lie here and there.  
Prices are placed among items.
 I've been wandering how someone else's organization skills have turned my own items into a masterpiece.  
Quite seriously!
For the difference between some of our most prized possessions is my association with them.  My makeshift side table isn't special because its worth five dollars.  Its special because i spilled coffee on it numerous times and decided that a plastic,clear three piece drawer is better suited in my bedroom than my living room.  Or my suitcases are better stacked on my red coca cola chairs than neatly placed in the closet.

share

Follow me on Twitter